The 2022-2023 European football season is nearing its conclusion. This season has certainly been full of surprises and great excitement in a great many leagues. With the World Cup and the clash between Argentina and France, we saw one of the most beautiful finals in recent years. In Serie A we witnessed an incredible Napoli annihilating all opponents and finally achieving the 3rd Scudetto in its history. In Spain, Barcelona has dominated the league, and in the other European leagues the verdicts will come in the final days of the championship.
The time has come again for EA to unveil the most anticipated event of any Ultimate Team edition, that of the season’s best player awards ceremony. We are talking about the Team of Season, where we will see various teams with some of the strongest cards from each edition of Ultimate Team. Like every edition of FIFA, these cards will disrupt the market and completely revolutionize the current meta, as they are extremely enhanced versions of already very strong players.
These cards allow you to celebrate the journey of the players who have most distinguished themselves by their performance throughout the 2022-2023 season. Once again this year, EA Sports has decided to have some really strong TOTS cards appear in packages and on the market, which will be highly coveted for the lineups used by players. These cards give a huge upgrade to the attributes of the players who get them, much higher than a regular In Form or special card.
Release Dates of all TOTS Teams.
The promotional period will last from April 28 until June 16, during this period many teams composed of strong special cards will be released. These teams will come out in pairs with one with a major league and one with a minor league, let’s see the release dates:
- Community TOTS and Eredivisie TOTS: available in packages from April 28 to May 5, 2023
- Premier League TOTS: available in packages from May 5 to May 12, 2023
- Bundesliga TOTS and EFL TOTS: available in packages from May 12 to May 19, 2023
- La Liga TOTS and Saudi League TOTS: available in packages from May 19 to May 26, 2023
- Ligue 1 TOTS and MLS TOTS: available in packages from May 26 to June 2, 2023
- Series A TOTS and Super Lig TOTS: available in packages from June 2 to June 9, 2023
- Ultimate TOTS and Liga Portugal TOTS: available in packages from June 9 to June 16, 2023
Before proceeding to analyze the strong special players, let us briefly look at how these special cards work, and the process that leads to player selection.
Voting process and operation TOTS cards
Every year from FIFA 17 onward, you can cast your vote to choose which players to include in the various teams for the season. Usually a few weeks beforehand the list of nominees is provided, from which it is possible to select the 11 best players by creating a lineup. This year the Community TOTS nominees were revealed on April 10, it was possible to vote for them on the EA Sports website until April 13.
The final results are determined by an algorithm that combines user votes with those cast by EA Sports based on some undisclosed criteria. The top 11 soccer players selected for each team are revealed a few weeks after voting.
Since it is possible to vote for many TOTS teams, let’s look at the dates when we can vote for the most important Teams of the Season:
- TOTS Community Vote: April 10 to 13, 2023
- TOTS Premier League vote: April 17 to 20, 2023
- TOTS Bundesliga vote: April 25 to 28, 2023
- TOTS LaLiga Santander vote: May 1-5, 2023
- TOTS Series A vote: May 15 to 18, 2023
TOTS are cards that provide a very strong enhancement based on a player’s base card. Players selected to become TOTS all have greatly enhanced values and can have different secondary roles and enhanced characteristics. These special cards therefore often do not change the player’s style of play, making them strongly enhanced versions of the basic cards. These cards are not dynamic cards like OTWs or RTTKs, so none of these cards improve based on the performance of the associated player.
Sometimes it happens that a player’s role, stats, characteristics and traits are changed based on the performance achieved during the year. For example, with regard to players who have scored many goals, shooting is greatly enhanced. So you always have to take a look at the different features that can make these special cards even stronger and more usable.
Let’s look at an example to better understand, Rodrygo’s TOTS card starts with a strong upgrade to all other attributes and has an impressive +12 overall. In fact, compared with the basic card, he has +10 to speed and passing, +11 to dribbling, +14 to physical, and +13 to shooting and defense. This card also received an upgrade to characteristics that raises its skill moves from 4 to 5 stars.
Player Analysis Team of The Season Community
Now that we are familiar with how these special cards work, let’s take a look at the first release of the players who were chosen by the community and, most importantly, let’s analyze them. The Team of The Season Community is a somewhat special team since it rewards players who due to injuries or low visibility have failed to receive more than one special card in FIFA 23.
TOTS Community was released on April 28 and contains 14 movement players and a goalkeeper as well as 3 TOTS Moments players. TOTS Moments players are cards that have the exact same enhancement as TOTS cards and celebrate the best individual performances of the season.
In this team we can observe a great prevalence of Premier League players (fielding as many as 6). Next are 3 players from Serie A, 3 players from Ligue 1, 2 players from La Liga, and 2 players from Bundesliga. The remaining 2 players belong to the Scottish league. Recall that this team is composed of the nominee players who did not receive more than one special card in FIFA 23and these are the nominees who received the most votes from EA Sports and gamers.
Obviously these cards, like all TOTS cards will have a very high value on the market in terms of credits, so unless you are a FUT millionaire it will be very difficult to buy them. One will then have to hope to find them in the packages by taking advantage of the targets and SBCs. These cards, as we can see even just from their overall are among the strongest in the game, so obviously they are all recommended cards in competitive play.
Let us now see a brief review of all these strong players:
- Bernardo Silva (95) – We start immediately with a first place tie, where we find Manchester City’s Portuguese trequartista, one of the strongest players in the world in his role. Bernardo Silva had an incredible season this year and can only deserve a place on this team. In this version, his role is as a central midfielder, but he can also play ED and COC. His strongest stats are dribbling, speed and passing (99, 89 and 93), he also has a good 86 shooting. On FUT this player is buggy as hell, he possesses exceptional ball control that allows him to dribble in tight quarters with ease, in addition to his buggy turnaround shot. He has 4 stars of both skill moves and weak feet and is a guarantee for Premier League rosters. A very strong player who does not cost too much, recommended both in competitive and online games.
- Alexis Sánchez (95) – With the same overall as the previous one, we find a player who has been underrated in recent years in Serie A but is having a season at the highest level at Marseille. The Chilean striker receives a really strong card that can be used as an ATT and AT and becomes one of the best strikers in Ligue 1. His best stats are those of speed, dribbling and passing (93, 99 and 94), he also has very good shooting and physical values (93 and 87) and this makes him very solid and complete. He has 4 stars of skill moves and weak foot and in game he is a very technical, fast and buggy player. He excels mainly in dribbling but also has a very powerful and accurate outside and round shot, a pity he cannot be used as a COC. In any case, it is definitely a recommended card in competitive and online matches.
- Kingsley Coman (94) – In the German league we find a player who is recovering after a few seasons not at his level. This is definitely one of the strongest outfielders in the Bundesliga, and he is Bayern Munich’s French left outfielder. He has important values for an outfielder, as we can see from his speed and dribbling stats (97 and 93), he also has very good shooting and passing values (90 and 88). He has as many as 5 stars of skill moves and only 3 stars of weak foot, in game he is a very fast player with excellent dribbling and good shooting and passing, usable as ES and AS. A recommended player in online matches, also usable in competitive since he is quite buggy.
- Gabriel Jesus (93) – Another very strong Premier League card belongs to Arsenal’s former Manchester City Brazilian center forward. Jesus has certainly done a great job at Arsenal so far, and although it will be difficult, his club will do everything to catch up with City in the final days of the league. This player really has a very good card for his role, we can see it from his best attributes which are those of speed, dribbling and shooting (94, 96 and 92), he also has a good 86 physical. He has as many as 5 stars of skill moves and 4 stars of weak foot and is 1.75 m tall, can do ATT, TA and AD. Surely he is one of the best strikers in the Premier League, because in addition to his very good stats he is one of the most buggy strikers in his league. His card is strong and recommended in online and even competitive matches.
- Rodrygo (93) – The next player is very young and very strong, and is one of the main protagonists of the last and current Champions League. We are talking about Real Madrid’s very talented Brazilian outfielder, who is proving to be one of the best in the world in his role, and he is on FUT as well. In this TOTS version his best stats are those of speed, dribbling and shooting (98, 95 and 89), he also has a good 84 passing. He has as many as 5 stars of skill moves and 4 stars of weak feet, is 5’7″ tall and can do AD and ED. In game he is a very fast outfielder, very skilled at dribbling and very buggy, sneaking away from defenders and also has an extremely buggy shot. A player definitely recommended at any level of play, even in competitive since he is really strong in game.
- Ismael Bennacer (92) – Let’s move on to Serie A to find the new card for AC Milan’s phenomenal Algerian midfielder. This player is having an amazing season, recovering a lot of balls and initiating offensive actions, even scoring decisive goals like the one against Napoli in the Champions League. His well-deserved TOTS version got a very good +10 overall, has all values from 81 and up and has very strong dribbling, defense and passing stats (96, 89 and 91), also has 88 speed and physical. He has 4 stars of skill moves but only 3 stars of weak foot, can play CC and CDC. In game Bennacer is a complete buggy player, he excels in interceptions and ball retrieval, has incredible ball control and is skilled in all fundamentals. He is definitely one of the best midfielders for Serie A and for this reason he is highly recommended both in competitive and online matches.
- Andrew Robertson (92) – We return to the Premier League to see this team’s top defender. Liverpool’s Scottish left-back is undoubtedly still one of the best in his role, even if this season has not been his best. This new version is very strong and solid his best attributes are those of speed, dribbling and defense (93, 89 and 90), he also has a very good 88 passing and 87 physical. He has only 3 stars of skill moves and 3 stars of weak feet, characteristics that probably should be revised. In game he is a very buggy and fast player, strong physically and very strong defensively, as he has very good contrast and holds markings well. A card definitely recommended for online matches and usable in competitive.
- Nathan Aké (91) – Still in the Premer League we see another defender who has had a great season, namely Manchester City’s Dutch central defender. Aké so far has had an excellent season from a defensive standpoint, allowing City to keep its goal unbroken on several occasions. This card has quite strong values for a DC, such as those of speed, defense and physical (86, 91 and 91), as well as a good 83 dribbling. His height of 1.80 m does not allow him to be very dangerous on set pieces, however, this card still proves buggy and difficult to jump. A card that can be used in online matches but for competitive there are certainly better alternatives.
- David De Gea (90) – First special card for Manchester United’s Spanish goalkeeper, in this difficult year he has conceded a lot of goals but also made great saves. A pretty good card, it has strong stats of diving, reflexes and positioning (91, 92 and 88), it also has a good 84 grip. At 1.92 m tall, he has been one of the most buggy goalkeepers in FUT in past editions, but this year he is not very strong and this card is nothing special. Paper definitely not recommended in competitive and at most usable in online matches.
- James Tavernier (90) – First special card of this year also for the English right-back of the Rangers class of ’91, who also had a great season this year. This card is very balanced and complete has all stats starting at 83, the highest values are those of speed, passing and physical (93, 88 and 91), he also has good values of defense and dribbling (83 and 87). He has 4 stars of skill moves and 3 stars of weak foot, can also do ADA and is 6’2″ tall. In game he is a concrete player, skilled in all fundamentals, solid defensively and technically, since he is English he can be linked easily. A card that can be used in online matches that you can also try in competitive games.
- Danilo (89) – A stellar season for Juventus’ Brazilian central defender, who is one of the few who has almost always shined defensively this season. His card, however, is one of the least interesting of this strong TOTS, but it is still reliable. He has solid defense and physical stats (90 and 88), has good speed value (85) and is 1.84 m tall. He can play DC, ADA and TD, has 4 stars of skill moves and 3 stars of weak foot. In virtual camps he proves to be a difficult defender to dribble and very buggy in contrasts, quite technically proficient. For these reasons it is usable in online matches but not recommended in competitive, where there are many better alternatives.
- Kim Min Jae (89) – The next card belongs to our beloved Serie A and it is from Napoli’s strong Korean central defender, who arrived in Italy this summer. Definitely a super deserved TOTS since this defender managed not to make Koulibaly regret and was monumental in the defensive phase, he is definitely one of the authors of the Scudetto. This defender is very fast and buggy even though he does not have too strong stats on paper. He has solid stats of defense and physique (88 and 92), he has a very good speed value (88), he is a good 6’9″ tall and in game he is buggy in contrasts. In game he proves to be a very buggy defender in contrasts and physically, adept at marking, looking stronger than his stats. For these reasons, it is usable in online matches and can be tried in competitive matches as well.
- Declan Rice (89) – After receiving the Premier League’s TOTS card last year, West Ham’s young English halfback had a season at the highest level again this year. This card has strong stats for its role; among the highest values are dribbling, defense and physical (86, 90 and 91), as well as an 84 in speed, which is always useful. On the virtual field this player is very strong in coverage, very adept at intercepting balls and strong in contrasts, however, he certainly lacks something in passing and shooting. He has only 3-star skill moves and weak foot, is 6’1″ tall and can play CC and CDC, he seems brought more to the latter role. A reliable and usable player in online matches but not recommended for competitive.
- Khephren Thuram (89) – Nice’s French midfielder class of ‘2001 gets his first special version with this TOTS card. This young man had an excellent season, especially defensively, but also put up 2 goals and 8 assists, becoming one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1. His paper has very strong stats, all starting at a minimum of 84 and in fact he is really strong in all fundamentals. His three strongest stats are dribbling, defense and physical (89, 88 and 89), he also has very effective values for speed and passing (87 and 87) and is 1.92 m tall. A player so complete that he could play in any role, solid and effective in any game situation, rock solid in the defensive phase. Paper clearly recommended at all levels of play.
- Alvaro Morata (88) – Let’s look at the TOTS card of Atletico Madrid’s Spanish striker, who has returned to prove his worth on the field. Morata has had a stellar season so far with many decisive goals and assists, so he was deservedly voted by users. His highest stats are those of speed, dribbling and shooting (88, 87 and 90), he also has a very good 87 physical. He has 3 stars of skill moves and 4 stars of weak foot, can play the role of ATT and AT. At this point in the game his stats are not enough for a striker, with a few more values he would have been interesting. Card not recommended in competitive and usable at most in online matches.
- Junya Ito (89) – Let’s look at the first TOTS Moments card celebrating the fantastic season of Stade Reims’ Japanese right winger. With both his club and the Japanese national team, Ito has put up many decisive goals and assists. His new card is high values in speed, dribbling and passing (98, 88 and 84), he has only 83 in shooting. He has 4 stars of both skill moves and weak feet, is 1.77 tall and can play AD, ED and AT. For a card with 89 rating we certainly expected something more in terms of stats, this card is therefore unusable both in competitive and online matches, useful only as a super sub.
- Ramy Bensebaini (88) – The second TOTS Moments card is found in the Bundesliga and belongs to the Algerian left-back of Borussia M’gladbach. In this year’s German league he has been one of the best full-backs, also netting five goals. This is a decent fullback, we can see it in the dribbling, defense and physical values (all 88), he also has a good 86 speed. A 6’87 tall player who makes physical strength and tackling his main strength, he is quite buggy and difficult to dribble, he is also strong in the head but not very fast. This card can be used in online games but is not recommended in competitive.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers (88) – The last card on this team belongs to the class ’97 U.S. central defender from Celtic Glasgow. His card is one of the least interesting of this strong TOTS, but it is still reliable. He has solid stats of defense and physique (86 and 89), has good speed value (86) and is 1.83 m tall. He can only play DC and is lengthy, in game he is quite solid and very buggy in contrasts, he is also quite fast. For these reasons it is usable in online matches but not recommended in competitive, where there are many better alternatives.
Analysis Non-Swappable Cards TOTS Community
Once again, special non-exchangeable cards have been included for the TOTS event obtainable for a limited time. As many as 4 are currently released, 3 of which are obtainable with the Swaps event dedicated to TOTS, while the other is obtainable with a dedicated Rose Creation Challenge.
Cards obtainable with the Pink Creation Challenges
This card is obtainable with the Pink Creation Challenges, has a very good rating, very good stats and very buggy. Let’s see what paper is obtainable through SBC, and let’s analyze it, it is really very strong:
- Samuel Chukwueze (90) – The TOTS version of Villareal’s very talented Nigerian right fielder is definitely an interesting card. He has very good stats of speed, dribbling and shooting (97, 94 and 86), and good values of passing and physical as well. A card of a very buggy and fast player who can win rebounds and dribble past opposing defenders with great ease. He can do ED and AD, has 4 skill move stars and 5 weak foot stars, and is 1.72 m tall. and has offensive workrates (High/Low). If you use La Liga on your roses you can complete the SBC for only about 60k credits and take it home. Player usable in online matches and can be tried in competitive matches as well.
TOTS Moments cards obtainable with TOTS Swaps
Let’s also take a look at the three TOTS Moment cards obtainable with TOTS Exchanges . These cards are very strong and can be obtained at virtually no cost, they all have at least 90 overall.Let’s see what they are and analyze them:
- Moises Caicedo (90) – First special card for one of Brighton’s most underrated players, namely the 2001-born Ecuadorian halfback, who had his best season with the Seagulls this year. His card is strong and he is compared to Kanté; he has all stats starting at a minimum of 81. His best stats are those of speed, defense and physique (90, 89 and 90), he also has a good 87 dribbling. He can be a CDC and a CC, has 3 stars in both skill moves and weak feet, and is 1.78 m tall. He has wasteful workrates (High/High) that allow him to cover well in the median. In game, he is a fast and complete player, very strong in the defensive phase and skilled in interception and tackling. Recommended player in both competitive and online matches, can be obtained by reaching the 15th XP level of the TOTS Swaps event.
- Dimitri Payet (91) – Marseille’s French second forward class of ’87 was again one of Marseille’s best this season. This TOTS Moments card has very strong values for his role, the highest being those for speed, dribbling and shooting (91, 92 and 92), but he also has a reliable 88 passing. He has as many as 5 stars of skill moves and 4 stars of weak feet, and he has very useful workrates for an offensive player (High/Medium). In game, he is a fast, technical, agile and very buggy player, skilled in assists and trick shots. A reliable and recommended card in both competitive and online matches, it can be obtained by reaching the 10th XP level of the TOTS Swaps event.
- Giovanni Reyna (91) – Let’s take a trip to the Bundesliga to see the TOTS Moments version of Borussia Dortmund’s American trequartista. In this new special version his highest stats are speed, dribbling and passing (92, 96 and 88), he has all other values starting at a minimum of 85 except defense. He has as many as 5 stars of skill moves but only 3 stars of weak feet and is 6 feet tall. In game he is a very solid and complete trequartista, fast, strong in dribbling and physically, his only weakness is his shooting (86). He can be COC, ES, AS and AD, this player is not bad at all, he is definitely usable in online games and can be tried in competitive as well. It can be obtained by reaching the 5th XP level of the TOTS Swaps event.